Thursday, October 2, 2008

Awesome Quote

Here's a great quote from the blog page of Tony Gentilcore regarding the celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson's decree that no woman should ever lift weights over three pounds-

"I’m pretty sure if she were still alive today, Susan B. Anthony would shit a pink dumbbell if she knew there were women still walking around with this “I’m a frail, delicate creature” mentality."

Believe that women shouldnt lift over three pounds? I will not list all the reasons here as to why that just about as good of an idea as backing high fructose corn syrup as a safe and natural additive, but Here's a question for ya'- How much does the average newborn weigh?

I really want to go on and on about this completely asinine idea and I could, believe me, but I will keep this post short and save it for another day.

*side note, Tony is a seriously funny and knowledgeable guy who also participates in The FitCast podcast which I listen to on my long runs.



1 comment:

Frogg said...

....a pink dumbell...lol!! Yes, I think she would have an adult size woman fit if she heard that there are some females on my campus that are required to burn 1700 cals/day as required of their sorority. I'm saddened by that. The student was probably 105lb.

Ladies, it's ok to eat. And check this out...it's ok to lift a dumbell or a even a heavy book for a work out. Heck - lift a bowling ball!! Just lift something. small child, troll, my dinner bill :) We need more women to actually eat and lift some weights. you I can go on and on about this. Loved the quote. I often talk about Susan B to my girls, who have never ridden a bike before. They like it, but I will get them to ride. :)

Let's get them there.

E.