Happily back on the workout wagon-
I'm going to restate my long term goals which are now my GOALS since they are goals of now and not long term.
I'm planning on reposting these each week so I can take the time to read over them and mark them off as I follow them.
* 1. Make recovery higher priority than workouts
* 2. Get 3 high intensity workouts in per week, at least one bike and one run
* 3. Core training EVERY workout- CYCLOCORE Workouts
* 4. Lift weights like a guy, meaning lift more, lift heavier- no "girlie" weights 2x per week, can count bootcamp class
* 5. Work on my mountain bike technical skills; ride/work on technical skills mtb Atlas 1/week and continue racing Dirt Derby
* 6. Compete in first MTB race this fall
So how's it going?
trying my best. Took a ride yesterday that kind of wore me out but I believe I may be a little sick still so it was early to bed last night.
Goal #2- HIT workouts x 3
Goal #3-CycloCore Training
Will do cyclo core training today after I get home. I think I'll do my favorite of the core workouts, the 13 minute ab workout with the ab roller. It is on Cyclo-Speed as the bonus workout. I dont have a roller just yet at home but am going to purchase one soon. I use the roller at the gym like crazy and have noticed others starting to use it more. When I dont have the roller, I use the ball as Graeme suggests. It is a killer workout and tons of fun. Best thing about it though is that he focuses on lower back work, a section neglected by many quick ab workouts and most classes in the gym.
Goal #4- Lift like a Guy
Met my friend for the bootcamp class today at the gym. I used the heavier weights and got an awesome workout.
Goal #5- Mountain bike technical skills
Not sure I'll hit the derby this week. Depends on the bike status but will be in LA for a race.
Goal # 6. Compete in first MTB race this fall
Planning on racing in Ruston, LA this weekend!!
3 months ago